WHEN YOU’VE BEEN CHARGED WITH A CRIME, YOU WANT AN ATTORNEY WHO WILL AGGRESSIVELY REPRESENT YOU AND GET YOU THE BEST RESULTS POSSIBLE. THE MISSION OF THE LAW OFFICES OF MATTHEW S. LUZAICH IS TO PROVIDE PERSONAL, COMPASSIONATE, AND ABOVE ALL, ZEALOUS AND EFFECTIVE REPRESENTATION FOR OUR CLIENTS. WHEN THE STAKES ARE HIGH, THERE IS NO MARGIN FOR ERROR.
Mr. Luzaich is dedicated exclusively to the practice of criminal defense, and is committed to obtaining the best results possible for his clients. Mr. Luzaich handles all of his cases personally, and he understands the profound impact criminal charges can have on both clients, and their families. Therefore, he believes that the practice of law requires not only peerless professionalism and unwavering adherence to ethical standards, but also, compassion and empathy.
THE LAW OFFICES OF MATTHEW S. LUZAICH IS A CHICO CRIMINAL DEFENSE FIRM DEEPLY ROOTED IN THE BUTTE COUNTY COMMUNITY, WITH THE KNOWLEDGE AND RESOURCES RIVALING BIG-CITY FIRMS.
Our firm can provide a level of personal service and attention other local firms cannot. We know how important communication is with our clients, and we make it our
Throughout his educational career, Mr. Luzaich emphasized the study of criminal law and criminal justice, and received numerous academic awards; he is passionate about criminal defense and it shows in his dedication to his clients.
Mr. Luzaich services the counties of Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Sutter, Tehama and Yuba. He defends all criminal cases from infractions to serious felonies and achieves excellent results for his clients. This includes minor in possession cases (MIP), driving under the influence cases (DUI), resisting arrest cases and expungements.
The Law Offices of Matthew S. Luzaich is prepared to provide aggressive representation. We provide free legal consultations to discuss the unique facts of your case, the options available to you, and defenses you may have. We’re also willing to arrange payment plans that fit your budget.
- Principal Attorney, Law Offices of Matthew S. Luzaich, Chico, CA
- California State Bar, member
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice (CACJ), member
- California DUI Lawyers Association, member
- Butte County Bar Association, member
- Avvo Top Contributor Award 2016, DUI & DWI
- Avvo Top Contributor Award 2015, Criminal Defense
- Director, Misdemeanors, Tickets and Traffic Department, Community Legal Information Center
- Law Clerk, Law Offices of Majeed Samara, Millbrae, CA
- Paralegal Intern, Traffic Department, Community Legal Information Center, Chico, CA
- Paralegal Intern, Law Offices of Cotchett, Pitre, & McCarthy LLP, Burlingame, CA
- Law Clerk, Law Offices of Corey, Luzaich, Pliska, DeGhetaldi & Nastari LLP, Millbrae, CA
- Juris Doctor, Golden Gate University Law School, May 2013
- Jesse Carter Society, member (Honors Society, Golden Gate University Law School.)
- Dean’s List, Golden Gate University Law School, Spring 2011-Spring 2013
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence in Alternative Dispute Resolution, Golden Gate University Law School
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence in Constitutional Law II, Golden Gate University Law School
- Faculty Merit Scholarship, Golden Gate University Law School
- Bachelor of Arts, Criminal Justice, California State University, Chico, Spring 2010
- Minor in Alternative Dispute Resolution, California State University, Chico
- Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution, California State University, Chico
- Graduation with Distinction, California State University, Chico
- Dean’s List, California State University, Chico, Fall 2007-Spring 2010
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Panel, California State University, Chico
- Student Ambassador, representing the Department of Political Science for the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Jerry Kenkel Scholarship, California State University, Chico
- Pi Sigma Alpha, Political Science Honors Society, California State University, Chico
- Student Coalition Advocating for Reform of the Criminal Justice System, member
- Pre-Law Society, member